Changes to read status in 2.5.0
Today I’d like to demonstrate a change to the read status in
2.5.0. This is probably best shown in
In short though, from
2.5.0, read items will not immediately disappear from the view. Instead they will remain until you either
- Swipe them away
- Toggle show read / unread
- Navigate to a different feed
- Restart the app
This has a couple of benefits.
- You accidentally close an article and decide you want to read more or star it. Well now it’s not gone, it’s right in front of you.
- The list is the same before opened the article as when you closed it - so no visual jumps or janky animations.
- Marking as read on scroll feels much smoother because items aren’t disappearing which would cause all other items to slightly re-position themselves.
- Mark as read on scroll actually works on tablets and grid view now.
There are still a couple of tweaks possible here but overall I like this change a lot and think it solves several small annoyances people have reported.
Tomorrow, let’s talk about the expanded OPML import/export.